Lakeland Fire Protection is a member of the British Fire Consortium.
The British Fire Consortium (BFC) is a trade association representing a national network of fire safety equipment and service companies with over 150 members across the country. The Consortium has been established for 20 years and is one of the largest groups of independent fire consultants, manufacturers and service companies with unrivalled expertise in fire safety. Members are assessed and certified to stringent quality and performance standards by the Consortium and provide independent service and advice in every field of fire safety equipment and protection for the benefit of fire industry and end-user organisations and companies in both the public and private sector. Member services include:
• Comprehensive Fire Surveys to establish needs including Fire Risk Assessments.
• Independent advice regarding the selection and positioning of Safety Signage, Portable Fire Extinguishers, Hose Reels, Automatic Fire Alarms and Escape Lighting to the relevant British Standards and best practice guides.
• Supply, Installation and Service of Safety Signage, Portable Fire Extinguishers, Hose Reels, Automatic Fire Alarms and Escape Lighting by BFC Certified Technicians.
• Special training schemes for Portable Fire Extinguisher selection, installation and service (BSI accredited and BAFE recognised examination to QSP94001).
• Fire Warden Training and advice on Fire Alarm Tests and Emergency evacuation exercises.
• A “Competent Person” in Fire Safety terms to support your in-house fire safety staff.
Members' clients include Local Government, Health Authorities, Housing Associations and a wide spectrum of private sector organisations from individual Retail outlets to National chains and large commercial facilities such as Airports.
Members work with a wide range of professionals and end-user personnel including fire officers, building control officers, environmental health officers and facility managers to ensure a safe environment.
Between them, members cover every aspect of fire safety including manufacturing, supply, installation and servicing, consultancy, staff training and risk assessment. Equipment supplied includes hose reels and extinguishers, fire blankets, fire alarms, automatic fire suppression systems, intumescent materials, safety signage, dry riser testing, and industrial and domestic sprinklers.
The Consortium maintains a comprehensive database of its members providing a single point of contact for specifiers or customers who require service providers in their area. The Consortium website ( www.tbfc.org.uk ) lists members geographically and includes brief details of the service they provide.
See website click here